- 1 Medium zucchini
- 1 Small sweet potato
- 1 Teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 2 Tablespoons Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat pastry flour
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grate zucchini and sweet potato. You will want about 4 cups of grated vegetable total.
- Place grated zucchini and sweet potato in a kitchen towel, in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. The salt will draw out excess water which will help the totes get nice and crispy when they bake. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix flax seeds with warm water and Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil, stir and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Mince garlic.
- Gather the four corners of your kitchen towel and firmly twist until you squeeze water out of grated vegetables. Ring out as much water as you can.
- Place the grated vegetables into a large mixing bowl and add the minced garlic.
- Using a fork, fluff all the ingredients together.
- Next sprinkle whole-wheat pastry flour over the vegetables slowly while stirring the mixture, try to coat everything evenly.
- Finally add the flax/water/oil into the mix and stir together one last time to evenly combine.
- Scoop mixture into a mini cupcake tin and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before enjoying.