Thrive Smashed Potatoes with Rosemary and a Soft Boiled Egg
Kara Dykert of ByKaraElise.com
- 1 Lb. small potatoes, rinsed and scrubbed
- 3 Tablespoons Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 Eggs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, place your rinsed potatoes.
- Drizzle potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil, then sprinkle with salt, paprika and fresh rosemary.
- Using your hands, equally coat the potatoes.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- While the potatoes are roasting, soft boil your eggs. Boil a pot of water, and once boiling, place your eggs in the water for 4 minutes (if you prefer your yolks hard-boiled you can boil them for 7 minutes). Remove the eggs from the water, and rinse in cold water. Crack gently and peel the eggs. If you’re having a hard time peeling them, you can peel off the top and use a spoon to remove the egg.
- Once your potatoes have roasted and are tender, remove from the oven.
- Carefully smash your potatoes with the bottom of a flat cup. Drizzle with remaining oil and roast for 5 more minutes. You can also broil them for a minute if you prefer some extra goldenness!
- Top your smashed potatoes with a poached egg, and serve with a little extra rosemary and salt!
Stay up-to-date with Thrive® Algae Oil.