Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 Cup Rice Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves - grated
- 3 Long Red Peppers - seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch mixed with 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1/4 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- Pinch Salt
- 1 Lb. Tail-On Deveined Shrimp
- 1/2 Pineapple - cut into large chunks
- Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- Bring pineapple juice, honey, vinegar, garlic and chilis to a boil over medium heat while whisking.
- Gently boil for 5 minutes while whisking.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and add cornstarch mixture, oil and salt.
- Cook while whisking for 1 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. Makes 1 cup.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- Skewer shrimp and pineapple then brush generously with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill. Grill skewers about 2 minutes each side or until shrimp are pink and cooked through. I use a slotted grill pan for easier grilling.
- Slather on sweet chili sauce just before removing skewers from grill.
- Serve atop salad greens drizzled with extra sauce.
- I coated the skewers with Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil to prevent sticking.
- I added a splash of pineapple juice to thin down the sauce and drizzle over my salad