Summer Shrimp Salad with Creamy Strawberry Mint Dressing
Alice Williams of HonestlyFitness.com
Shrimp and Salad
- 0.5-1 Tablespoon Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil per 4 ounces of shrimp
- 4-8 Ounces of shrimp (I like to eat 4 ounces all to myself, but maybe you would prefer less)
- 4 Cups of spinach
- 1-2 Cups salad leaves
- 2 Tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1-2 Teaspoon garlic (I use garlic paste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 Cup chopped strawberries
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1-2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Firstly, prepare the dressing. Simply whizz all of the ingredients up in a food processor or blender. Should take anywhere from 1-2 minutes–stop when it looks creamy and smooth. Set aside for now.
- Heat up a pan on medium-high heat. Toast your pumpkin seeds for 1-2 minutes and then set aside.
- Now, you make the shrimp! Heat the algae oil on a pan at medium-high heat for a minute or so. Then add your garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Now, add your shrimp and cook each side for 2-4 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper for taste. Once the shrimp is done, set aside.
- This is the last and most fun step! Get some bowls and put your spinach and salad leaves in them. Toss with the delicious strawberry mint dressing. Then add your toasted pumpkin seeds and shrimp.
- Eat and enjoy!
- You may replace maple syrup with honey.
- You can use more or less spinach and salad, according to your needs.