- 1 1/2 Lbs. broccoli crowns, cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos (or gluten-free tamari or soy sauce)
- 3 Tablespoons Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- Large pinch dried red pepper flakes (more or less to your liking)
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced and divided in half
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 Scallions, thinly sliced, for serving
- Note: I like to let the broccoli marinate but this step isn’t at all necessary. I usually let it marinate for at least 30 minutes but I have marinated upwards of 8 hours, as well.
- If not marinating, preheat oven to 425ºF. In a small bowl whisk together the coconut aminos (or tamari) with the algae oil, the red pepper flakes and half of the minced garlic. Once well mixed, pour over the broccoli in a bowl, container or bag. Mix well to evenly coat all the broccoli and then let sit at least 30 minutes, if you’d like. You can also prep this in the morning just before work, place in the fridge and then roast when you get home.
- Once ready to roast, preheat oven to 425ºF (if it isn’t already). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the broccoli from the bowl or bag and shake off any excess liquid. Arrange in a single layer on the lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove from the oven, sprinkle with the additional remained minced garlic, give it a toss and roast another 5-8 minutes until cooked through, fork tender and just every so slightly browned, some blackened bits, are great, too.
- Salt and pepper to taste, top with thinly sliced scallions, serve immediately.