Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars with Salted Chocolate Drizzle
Lily Diamond of KaleAndCaramel.com
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Bars
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats, ground to flour
- 1 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Cup unsweetened, salted peanut butter
- 3/4 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 Cup semisweet chocolate chunks
Salted Chocolate Drizzle
- 1/3 Cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 3 Pinches sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line an 8″x8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, grind ½ cup rolled oats to flour. Empty into medium mixing bowl, and add all purpose flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Whisk to incorporate completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix by hand with a silicone spatula or with electric beaters until completely smooth.
- Gradually add dry mix into wet, folding in with a spatula until just combined. Add chocolate chunks and mix completely. Press into lined baking dish in an even layer.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, until the edges are beginning to brown and the top is light golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Make the salted chocolate drizzle: Add a couple inches of hot water in the bottom of a small saucepan, and nestle a heatproof bowl over the top to create a makeshift double boiler. Bring the water to a boil and add 1/3 cup chocolate chunks and three pinches sea salt into the bowl on top. Use a silicone spatula to stir until most of the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and let melt completely.
- Drizzle bars with chocolate as desired, after they’ve cooled from the oven about 15 minutes.