Honeyed Apple Tahini Bread
Lily Diamond of KaleAndCaramel.com
- 2 Cups flour
- 4 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Cup + 2 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 Cup tahini (sesame butter, I used salted; if yours is unsalted add another pinch or two of sea salt to the dry ingredients)
- 1/2 Cup honey (substitute maple syrup if you don’t want the bee product)
- 1/3 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Apple Sesame Topping
- 1/4 Cup roughly chopped fresh apple pieces, peel on
- 1 Tablespoon hulled sesame seeds (raw or toasted is fine)
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons honey
- 2 Pinches sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 5×9 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together dry ingredients until fully combined and free of clumps. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until fully incorporated. Slowly fold in dry ingredients until just combined. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, mix ingredients for apple sesame topping, incorporating honey throughout. Sprinkle mixture lengthwise down center of uncooked batter, leaving a couple inches on either side.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a knife or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Stay up-to-date with Thrive® Algae Oil.