Serves 12 Cook Time: 15 min
- 1 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 8 Oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup sugar
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Brush the insides of 12 silicone muffin molds with Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil.
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over low heat until just warm. Turn off heat and stir in chocolate, whisking until melted. Mix in sugar, salt, eggs, vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Using a spoon, fill the ring molds evenly.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cakes rise and begin to crack on top. Let the cakes cool for 5 minutes before removing; they will fall slightly as they cool. For easy un-molding, put the cakes in the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes. This will freeze the outside of the cakes and they will be easier to pop out.