Crispy Chicken over Blistered Green Beans
Chef Caroline Fey of The City Kitchen San Francisco
- 6 boneless, skin on chicken breasts, cut in half widthwise to make two square shaped pieces
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil for frying
Blistered Green Beans
- ¼ Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 Lb haricots vert, stem ends removed
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt. Heat Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Working in batches, add the chicken, skin side down and sear until deep golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Turn over and sear bottom side for about 2 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken. Roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165° F, 6 to 8 minutes. While the chicken is roasting, cook the green beans.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat until very hot. Add theThrive® Culinary Algae Oil and then the beans, right after. Cook the beans until they start to blister, 2 or 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to cook them evenly. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds over the beans.
If plating the chicken with another dish on the same plate:
Slice each piece of chicken into two or three slices, on the bias. Place a small bundle of green beans on each plate. Top with the chicken, then tuck a small bundle of pea shoots under the chicken so that it sticks out the side. Sprinkle the chicken with more sesame seeds.
If plating the chicken family style:
Slice each piece of chicken into two or three slices, on the bias. Place the green beans on a long white rectangular plate. Top the green beans with the chicken, fanning the chicken out in a pretty pattern. Tuck small bundles of pea shoots under the chicken so that they stick out the side. Sprinkle the chicken with more sesame seeds.