Serves 4 Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 20 min
- 8 Skin-on chicken thighs, deboned
- 2.5 Tablespoons Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 Large onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free flour (omit for Whole30)
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons capers
- 1 Tablespoons butter or ghee (optional use ghee to make Whole30 compliant)
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 Bunches rainbow chard, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Lay chicken thighs out on a cutting board and cover with parchment paper. Using a mallet, carefully pound chicken thighs out until they are even and about ½ inch thick. Generously sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of thighs.
- Heat two tablespoons of Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil in a large cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken thighs into pan. Cook each side for roughly 4 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chopped onions to the pan and sauté until lightly browned and tender, approximately seven minutes. Once onions are browned, add minced garlic to the pan and stir. Salt to taste. Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice to the skillet to deglaze, gently scraping bits off the pan.
- In a small bowl, add gluten-free flour and water and stir to combine thoroughly. While staring the onion mix slowly pour in the gluten-free flour roux and combine well.
- Once onion mixture is heated through, add capers and butter (optional) to pan and stir. Add chicken thighs back into the pan nestling them in together. Continue to cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Once cooked through, add chicken dies to a serving platter and pour onion mixture over top.
- Add ½ Tbsp. of Thrive Culinary Algae Oil and apple cider vinegar to pan. Add chopped rainbow chard and toss to coat. Continue to cook until chart has slightly wilted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve rainbow chard along side of chicken piccata.