Cook Time: 3-4 min per fritter
- Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 2 Cups shredded broccoli, stems and/or florets (I prefer a mix of both - approximately 1 small head of broccoli - shred using either a box grater or the shredder attachment on your food processor)
- 3 Eggs, whisked
- 5 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
Sun Dried Tomato Aioli
- 2/3 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 Egg (preferably pasture-raised)
- 1/2 Teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 Teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes (drain before using if packed in oil)
- Combine all of the fritter ingredients in a large bowl, and stir really well, using a fork.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add enough Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Once the pan is very hot, drop large spoonfuls of the broccoli batter into the pan, gently spreading into a circular shape, using a spatula.
- Cook the fritters for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom begins to turn golden brown. Flip and cook the second side for an additional 3-4 minutes, or until browned. Place the fritters on a clean plate, and cook the remaining batter following the steps above, adding more Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil to the pan, if needed.
- To make the aioli: Place the Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil , egg, mustard powder, lemon juice, garlic powder & sea salt into a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup). Place an immersion blender at the bottom and turn on. Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until it is well blended. Add the sun dried tomatoes and blend once more until well combined.
- Serve the broccoli fritters with the sun dried tomato aioli and enjoy!