Cook Time: 50-60 min
- 1 1/3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Large eggs
- 1 1/3 Cup white granulated sugar
- 1 Teaspoon blood orange zest
- 1/2 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1/2 Cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 Cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1-2 Tablespoons blood orange juice
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350° F and spray an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with a parchment sling so the two longer sides have a little parchment over the edge of the pan to help pull the cake out.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and zest. Then add the oil and sour cream and whisk it together until the mixture is smooth. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk just until the batter is smooth.
- Add the batter to the prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Set aside the cake in the pan for 30 minutes to let it cool to room temperature, then remove the cake using the parchment sling. Remove the parchment and set it on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, sour cream, 1 tablespoon of the blood orange juice, and salt. The goal for the glaze is to have it thick and just pourable enough, you’ll probably need to add 1 or 2 more teaspoons of the blood orange juice. Once you have the right consistency pour the glaze over the cake. Let the glaze set for 30 minutes or so and serve.