Blistered Green Beans with Tamari-Ginger Drizzle
Chef Caroline Fey of The City Kitchen San Francisco
- ¼ Cup tamari sauce
- ½ Teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 Teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon grated fresh garlic
- 2 Teaspoons agave syrup
- A few drops of sesame oil
- ¼ Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- 1 Lb green beans, stem ends removed
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk the tamari sauce and cornstarch together until smooth. Add the ginger, garlic and agave and whisk until blended. Set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat until very hot. Add the oil and then the beans, right after. Cook the beans until they start to blister, 2 or 3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to cook them evenly. Pour the tamari-ginger sauce over the beans and cook for 30 seconds, until it thickens. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the beans and serve.