- 1-1/2 Lbs. small, multi-colored potatoes
- 1 Lb. green beans
- 1 Cup chopped basil
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 1 Cup pine nuts
- 1 15-Ounce can garbanzo beans
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt flakes, or to taste (if you substitute with regular salt, start with 1/2 of a teaspoon, then add to taste)
- 1/4 Cup Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- Cut potatoes into smaller, evenly sized pieces.
- Cut ends off green beans, then chop into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- Chop basil.
- Mince garlic.
- Pour pine nuts into a medium skillet over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until pine nuts are golden brown. Pour into a separate dish and set aside.
- Fill a large pot halfway with water, and bring to a boil on the stove top over high heat. Add potatoes, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until potatoes are almost done.
- Add green beans and cook for another minute, until beans turn bright green.
- Drain potatoes and green beans, and rinse in cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans.
- In a large bowl, stir together cooked potatoes, green beans, garbanzo beans, pine nuts, minced garlic, chopped basil, salt, and Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, until you’re ready to serve.
- This recipe is adapted from avery tasty and fun visit I had to Hipcooks Seattle at the start of the summer.