Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 35 min
- 2 Cans Organic Chickpeas 15 ounce
- 2 Tablespoons Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoning Blend – Use your favorite seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse chickpeas. Dry chickpeas with paper towels.
- Toss chickpeas with oil and salt. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown and crisp on the outside. Stir every 5 minutes while baking. (for even crispier chickpeas bake longer)
- Remove from oven and immediately toss with seasoning.
- Serve immediately.
- I prefer organic chickpeas because the sodium content is typically lower.
- These are best eaten fresh and lose their crispiness quickly.
- As far as the seasoning . . . use your favorite! For these chickpeas I used a Southwest season blend. I have also used Cajun spice, Italian seasoning, plain salt and pepper or dry ranch mix. If your seasoning blend includes salt you may not need to add additional sea salt.